Palliative Care Brings Relief and Support to those Living with Serious Illness
People living with serious illness benefit from specialized care that addresses the effects of treatment by offering relief from symptoms and management of stress.
Our goal at Colorado Visiting Nurse Association is to improve quality of life for our patients and for their families, and we often hear that they wish they had the support of palliative care earlier.
Colorado VNA provides palliative care for people who:
- Have a diagnosis of serious or life-limiting illness
- Experience progressively declining health, even with treatment
- Are frequently hospitalized
- Have decreased ability to perform regular activities or tasks to improve the quality of life for our patients and their families
Living more fully with palliative care from Colorado Visiting Nurse Association
We’re guided by our commitment to patient-centered care. We bring a professional, multi-talented team to nurture and support each patient and their loved ones.
Our specialized Palliative team, including Nurse Practitioners and Social Workers, come together to provide an extra layer of support at any stage of serious illness. Many patients also choose to continue with curative treatment. We work with the rest of the patient’s medical team to ensure seamless care across settings, providers and goals.
With each patient, their medical team and their loved ones, we make a plan to:
- provide relief from pain and other distressing symptoms
- integrate the psychological and spiritual aspects of patient care
- offer a support system to help patients live as actively as possible
- offer a support system to help patients’ loved ones and families cope during their illness
- enhance our patients’ quality of life