We’re the first community-based home health organization to implement CAPABLE. Our program is demonstrating the benefits of keeping adults independent, longer. A safe home environment is the first step to achieving this mission, but it’s often overlooked. We work with patients to make everyday tasks safer.
The CAPABLE program provides 10 visits to the home: six with an occupational therapist and four with a nurse.
- Walking to the mailbox
- Doing laundry
- Meal preparation
- Taking medicine as prescribed
- Live in the metro Denver area
- Be proficient in English or have a family member available to translate
- Have difficulty performing at least one activity of daily living (for example, dressing, bathing, toileting) or difficulty with two or more activities of independent daily living (for example, housework, meal preparation, taking medicine as prescribed)
- Maintain cognitive function and be able to brainstorm or problem solve
- Live at or below 80% area median income (a monthly income of $4,196 or less for a one-person household, for example, or $4,796 or less for a two-person household)