We’re the first community-based home health organization to implement CAPABLE. Our program is demonstrating the benefits of keeping adults independent, longer. A safe home environment is the first step to achieving this mission, but it’s often overlooked. We work with patients to make everyday tasks safer.
The CAPABLE program provides 10 visits to the home: six with an occupational therapist and four with a nurse.
- Walking to the mailbox
- Using stairs/step easier
- Showering with less fear of falling
- Housework with less shortness of breath
- Meal preparation with less pain
- Taking medicine as prescribed
- Live in the Front Range area from Colorado Springs to Fort Collins
- Have difficulty performing at least one activity of daily living (for example, dressing, bathing, toileting) or difficulty with two or more activities of independent daily living (for example, housework, meal preparation, taking medicine as prescribed)
- Ability to problem-solve