Ola Ala Employee Online Fitness Program
Get Off to a Great Start with Ola Ala
With the launching of Ola Ala July 19th, employees all over Colorado Visiting Nurse Association are on their way to better well-being. (If you haven’t registered yet contact Aubri at TharpA@VNAColorado.org.)
Get off to a great start with these tips:
• Hold weekly meetings to recognize accomplishments and discuss your Ola Ala strategies as well as how you can make more progress along the trail.
• Search Recipes for delicious new dishes that will help you eat more fruits and vegetables.
• Go for a walk or bike ride after dinner, enjoy a weekend swim, or invite coworkers to join you for a Saturday hike.
• Learn about new activities to try, like geocaching, kayaking, or hula dancing.
• Start or join a team like our medical records department did, U ‘i pinao, which is Hawaiian for Beautiful Dragonfly. Challenge other participants to see who can stay ahead on the team leader board.
• Rally your coworkers. Invite others to join you for a lunchtime walk or festive Hawaiian shirt contest.
As you embark on the Ola Ala journey, join the conversation — visit Life Path Posts to find healthy lifestyle tips, share wellness successes and challenges, and encourage other participants.